24 August 2019, Perth, Australia
The Clinical Training and Evaluation Centre (CTEC) Conference, 24th August, 2019 will focus on Patient Blood Management (PBM) and how it relates to a variety of clinical situations. This interactive conference will cover a wide range of presentations aimed at doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals who wish to know more about PBM. The Keynote Speaker is Adjunct Professor Dr Axel Hofmann, Chair, The International Foundation for Patient Blood Management, Switzerland.
The conference presentations will be delivered by highly regarded specialists across different specialty areas:
- Implementation and Impact of PBM in WA
- An Overview: Iron Deficiency and PBM Pillars in Surgery
- Perioperative Haemostasis: How to Stop the Bleeding
- Patient Blood Management – Outcomes Data, Hospital Costs and Activity Based Funding
- Tired All The Time
- Beware of the RCT – Focus on the New Standard of Care
- Novel Resuscitation in Fluid Shock: Experimental Evidence
- Iron Deficiency and Transfusions in the Primary Care Setting
- Expert Panel – The Future of Patient Blood Management
In 2000 a custom-built skills centre, CTEC, was opened by Queen Elizabeth II in Perth, Australia. Since then, over 35,000 health professionals have participated in training at CTEC.