Dr. Lena Napolitano
Institution: University of Michigan
Specialty: Surgery, Critical Care, Trauma
- Massey Foundation Professor of Surgery
- Dr. Lena M. Napolitano is the Massey Foundation Professor of Surgery at the University of Michigan School of Medicine, Founding Division Chief of Acute Care Surgery [Trauma, Burns, Critical Care, and Emergency Surgery] in 2005, and Director of Surgical Critical Care, for the Department of Surgery.
- She is Associate Director of the Michigan Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care (MCIRCC). Dr. Napolitano is certified by the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery as well as Surgical Critical Care.
- She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Chest Physicians, and a Master of the American College of Critical Care Medicine.
- She holds leadership positions in numerous professional organizations in surgery, trauma and surgical critical care. She is Senior Director of the American Board of Surgery, and an elected member of the American College of Surgeons Board of Regents.
- Dr. Napolitano has a research effort in trauma and surgical critical care, anemia and blood product transfusion, and is Principal Investigator on a number of research grants focused on translational research.
- She has been a mentor to over 200 research and surgical critical care fellows. Her research group has received numerous awards.
- She has over 350 peer-reviewed publications, and 118 book chapters, and has been an invited lecturer at many national and international symposia and a Visiting Professor at many institutions over the course of her career.
- Michigin, USA