Dr. David Faraoni
Institution: Hospital for Sick Children
Specialty: Transfusion Medicine/Hematology
- University of Toronto
- Graduated from Free University of Brussels, Belgium 2007, completed residency in Anesthesiology and Pediatric Anesthesia at the Free University of Brussels in September 2012.
- Employed as Assistant Professor, department of Pediatric Anesthesiology at Queen Fabiola Children’s University Hospital in Brussels until September 2014. Completed PhD thesis in June 2015: “Perioperative Management of Bleeding in Children undergoing Cardiac Surgery”.
- October 2014 - June 2016, Visiting Assistant Professor of Anaesthesia at Harvard Medical School and Research Associate in the Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Joined the Hospital for Sick Children in July 2016 and completed cardiac anesthesia fellowship.
- From July 2017, staff anesthesiologist in the Division of Cardiac Anesthesia and the Department of Anesthesia and Pain Medicine at The Hospital for Sick Children, and Associate Professor of Anesthesia in the department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine at University of Toronto.
- Associate Scientist in the Department of Translational Medicine at the Sick Kids Research Institute. Associate Editor for Anesthesiology, Anesthesia & Analgesia, and Pediatric Anesthesia, member of the editorial board of the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia, The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, and the Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia.
- Research program has focused on the understanding of coagulopathy in pediatric cardiac patients and the development of standardized transfusion algorithm.
- Toronto, Canada