Prof. Christakis Kassianides
Institution: Morningside Medi clinic Johannesburg
- Associate Professor University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Associate Professor in Department of Medicine University of Cape Town Chairman Gastroenterology Foundation of Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Gastroenterologist Morningside Mediclinic
- Following graduation in 1979 from the University of the Witwatersrand Medical School in Johannesburg South Africa, and completion of a fellowship with the College of Physicians in South Africa, in 1986 joined the Liver Unit of the National Institutes of Health in Washington DC where he spent a number of years researching the antiviral therapy of the hepatitis B and C viruses.
- This was followed by GI Fellowships at Georgetown University in Washington DC and Cornell Hospital in New York City.
- In 1990 moved to Hong Kong and joined the Prince of Wales Hospital as a Visiting Lecturer.
- Returned to South Africa in 1991 and established a private practice in Johannesburg.
- Over the past 25 years has been actively involved in the Continual Medical Education of GI/Hepatology fellows and Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists in practice both in South Africa and Sub Saharan Africa.
- 2006 founded and currently chairs the Gastroenterology Foundation of SSA.
- 2019 established and co- chairs GHASSA (Gastroenterology and Hepatology Association of SSA).
- 2018 awarded an Associate Professorship from the University of Cape Town.
- Johannesburg, South Africa