Dr. Cheuk-Kwong LEE
Institution: Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service
Specialty: Haematology and Transfusion Medicine
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, the University of Hong Kong.
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Stanley Ho Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Anatomical and Cellular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Received his undergraduate and medical training at the University of Hong Kong and became specialist in Haematology and Haematological oncology at the Queen Mary Hospital, the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- After 8 years of clinical work, he moved to Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service where he became the head of Blood Collection and Donor Recruitment Department. Apart from his role in securing safe and adequate blood supply to patients in Hong Kong, Dr Lee is also the head of Hong Kong Bone Marrow Donor Registry which provide unrelated haematopoietic stem cells to patients undergoing transplantation.
- Dr Lee has developed interest at transfusion microbiology and donor health and medicine. He has made extensive contribution in understanding and implementing preventive measure in minimizing transfusion transmitted bacterial sepsis. Besides, as healthy and committed donors are success to the blood service, Dr Lee has been actively involved in studies to understand and minimize donation related vasovagal reaction and donors’ haemoglobin and iron.
- Recently, he and his team are actively working to increase the awareness and knowledge of the territory on Blood Supply, Blood Transfusion and Patient Blood Management.
- Hong Kong, China